Job Title: Head of Strategic Communications and Public Discourse
Reports to: Team Leader
Position Type: Senior level management (Indonesian national)
Duration/Level of Effort: One year, with a possibility of extension
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
In its first year of the project, KONEKSI has experienced rapid growth and has gained increased trust to manage the project with greater responsibility. Therefore, we are in need of highly competent and dedicated professionals to join the KONEKSI team.
The DFAT-funded Knowledge Partnership Platform (KONEKSI) is Australia’s flagship program in the Indonesia knowledge and innovation sector. KONEKSI’s goal is to achieve an enduring relationship between Indonesia and Australia that advances mutual interest and supports Indonesia’s inclusive and sustainable development. The purpose of the programme is to increase the use of knowledge-based solutions for inclusive and sustainable policies and technologies. This purpose positions KONEKSI as a vehicle to produce knowledge on complex socio-economic problems, where effective solutions are often beyond a unique sector or category of stakeholders. It will support both the knowledge to policy cycle (K2P) and the knowledge to innovation cycle (K2I), in a complementary and synergistic way. KONEKSI will focus on two End of Investment Outcomes (EOIOs):
- Australian and Indonesian organisations have increased collaboration and mutual understanding through knowledge partnerships; and
- Innovative solutions for inclusive and sustainable policies and technologies are generated by knowledge partnerships.
Summary of the Position
The Head of Strategic Communications and Public Discourse is responsible for both project communications as well as programmatic communications/public discourse. This key position provides thought leadership and strategic thinking to overall communications bringing KONEKSI’s messaging to a diverse and extensive Indonesian as well as Australian audience. They will work closely with the Head of Performance, Planning and Learning to ensure program results are clearly demonstrated.
- Programming public discourse among key researchers, government officials, and industry leaders from both countries on prominent issues.
- Manage the Knowledge Management and Dissemination service line and in cooperation with the Head of Partnerships, Technical Delivery, and GEDSI and the Head of Stakeholder Engagement to ensure its strategic and effective implementation.
- Extensive outreach to KONEKSI’s hundreds of partners, stakeholders, and organisations as well as managing high profile events and visits.
- Provide direction, oversight, and quality assurance of content development in cooperation with the KONEKSI communications manager and related communication specialists.
- In cooperation with Team Leader, provide dedicated leadership for KONEKSI project communications and development of KONEKSI website as a knowledge partnership platform.
- A postgraduate qualification (or other relevant qualification and substantial professional experience) in Communications, Journalism, Development Studies, Public Policy, International Relations, or another relevant field.
- 15 years’ experience managing public diplomacy and communications and/or public outreach on DFAT funded or similar donor funded development projects.
- Extensive experience in managing public discourse and bringing a range of stakeholders together for policy and innovation dialogue or equivalent.
- Extensive networks with media organisations focused on research and innovation in Indonesia and Australia.
- Creative thinker and strategic communicator with proven results for increasing program engagement and visibility.
- Previous experience developing knowledge platforms linking researchers with government and industry or equivalent.
- Exceptional communication and project management skills including ability to manage high profile events and politically sensitive communication.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and providing quality assurance for a range of international communication products and content development
- Commitment to gender equality, disability, and social inclusion and experience managing development of GEDSI content and GEDSI sensitive communication practices.
- Advanced networking and interpersonal communication skills to continuously build profile and outreach.
- Ability to perform to a high standard and deliver high quality outputs.
- Previous experience working with DFAT and a sound knowledge of DFAT’s reporting and performance management processes.
- Fluency in English and Indonesian.
Applications should be sent to KONEKSI by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, by 18 February 2024 COB (05.00 PM, Western Indonesia Time)
- Please write “KONEKSI – HoSC – ( Name )” in the email subject line.
- Women, people with disabilities, and people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Cowater International is an equal opportunity employer, basing employment on merit and qualifications as they relate to professional experience and position expectations. Cowater does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity, disability, age, or any other basis protected by law.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.